Okay I admit it… I am a planner.
It might have something to do with the fact that I am a creature of habit. I am a planner through and though. I can easily jump in and fly by the seat of my pants… if I planned it that way! For example: A vacation… 1)We wake up and go site seeing… we head to the first site and then the next on the way to the third site we will plan to eat somewhere that we find that looks great. Keep in mind, planning to find something in a designated area that was mapped out and googled ahead of time. I’m not a crazy or over the top planned out person. I know I am making myself sound that way from what I am writing. If you spent a day with me you wouldn’t know I truly am a planned out individual. I like and prefer a little structure in life.
Now, everyone has those days or weeks that nothing goes right or as planned. It wouldn’t be life if you knew what you were doing and what was going to happen at all times. I myself have even been known to plan a day of not planning anything just so I can get up and do whatever it is I please. To be honest though, the only time I plan a day without anything planned out is when I am going to be with someone that I know is not a consistent planner like I am. A part of me also knows if I plan something with a non-planner something will fall through and my feelings will be hurt.. Wow, so I guess I am planning regardless. In this situation I plan to not do anything to avoid a hard situation later. I plan to not plan by planning to do whatever it is the other wants to do. Does that even make sense?
If I have free time I fill it. I call someone or a few someones and start making plan after plan until the free time is gone. I also fill it in ahead of time (why you ask) because I am a planner. Someone calls on a Tuesday about a Thursday and there is a pretty slim chance we are going to make anything happen. Now you wan to talk following week plans and we might be able to work something out. I like knowing what is going on and what is coming up. I plan running out for a quick beer and I plan sitting at home, staying in bed and watching movies when it rains.
Are there really people that can do anything and everything through life without somewhat planning it out first? I would go nuts. Maybe I am already crazy. I am the one with a color-coded calendar. Not just a calendar but an outlook calendar, a calendar in my purse, one on my desk and my blackberry calendar fully filled out and linked up to my computer. I have even been known to have a little mini calendar in my glove box in the car. Maybe I should talk to someone about this, could this truly be a problem??
This quick little thought turned more into a whole page of me and my OCD!!
Good thing I planned out the time to write and post this!! ; )
It’s an election year… and with that… politics season.
I often wonder why people always want to talk about politics. I know why they do right now… we are in the middle of an election year. Of course people want to talk about it now… why not 8 months ago… why not 10 months from now after the election. People were not talking politics 8 months ago because they knew things were staying as they were until the following November. I also think people won’t be talking about them 10 months from now because whatever happens in the election will happen. It will happen and be that way for the whole term to follow. It’s kind of sad how thought process gets lost before and after the presidential election and only lingers for a couple months during the true campaign season.
As for now… everyone is on the subject, everyone wants to talk politics and it’s driving me mad. Let me tell you why…
– People think they can change your opinion and with that… your vote. Just maybe they can throw out a fact about a candidate that you haven’t heard 50 times that might make you jump ship. Or if they get all upset and in your face about it maybe that will sway you. I actually had someone offer to take me out for a couple drinks to change my mind. Implying I would simply change my voting habits and overall stance on life and politics after a house merlot or two. Ummm no!!
– More then most get into a political debate with me and then they can’t even stay up with the conversation because they haven’t got a clue. This is not just political conversations… it happens all the time. Why do people insist on talking about things they have no clue about. Passion to me is not ignorance … it’s knowledge and understanding of something you feel strongly about. I say be passionate… not stupid.
– I also love the people that think one way and if you think another you are wrong wrong wrong. They are not necessarily telling you that you should believe what they do… more or less they are just telling you what an idiot you are for thinking the way you do. I am all about standing for something and educating others about that something… I will however never understand putting people down or telling people they are wrong for standing behind what they think.
– My all time favorite… the person that gets into a heavy conversation with you about something only to dominate the conversation and not let you get a word in edge wise. They don’t try to change your opinion or get mad at you for it… because hell they don’t even know what you stand for in the first place. They are only interested in hearing themselves speak and that’s it. When talking to this type of person I like to just continue working or if at a bar I start to people watch. I throw in a nod or an uh huh… every now and again and call it a day. That way I don’t give my opinion to someone who didn’t want to hear it in the first place and the narrow minded one-sided person I was “talking” to gets to hear themselves talk for however long it takes said person to feel good about themselves.
These reasons among others are why I have decided not to discuss politics with anyone anymore. There are my select few of course… very close friends and family that will always know my thoughts and feelings on just about every subject and will get as many conversations with me as they want about it. But the rest of the world can wonder on this topic.
You know my stance because I am proud of what I believe and often wear all my feelings on any and every subject on my sleeve… but politics… no thank you, I won’t talk about it.
Just a few things that have made me smile lately…
– Free time. I have spent much of my life so far always having to be somewhere. It has been really nice to put some quality “me time” in the books!!
– Good people (friends and family mostly) the type that make me a better person just by having them around. New friend’s old friends all that contributes to me. I love people that lend you their good qualities just by spending time with you. I have the most amazing people in my life.
– Old friends popping back up. I let some of the most incredible people out of my life a first time around. For some wonderful reason they have found the way back. I’m not letting them go a second time.
– Good advice. Friends that listen and then give you advice. Great advice because they know you and they heard what you were saying and know how they can help.
– Being loved. Not any one person. If you hear it and the person saying it means it… there is nothing better in the world.
– Big hugs. they are fantastic.
– Warm weather. Trying it’s best to get here and stay here.
– Out of town friends coming in town. It’s so nice what time away can do for the times that you are together.
– Staying in bed on a Sunday. Knowing there are 20 things you should be doing… putting every thing on your to-do list on the back burner to just do nothing.
– Knowing people. Honestly knowing and loving someone and knowing that you are getting it back whole heartedly. It’s so awesome to really know someone. Knowing you have a relationship there will never be any doubt in. They are there when you need them and give you nothing but the truth because it is what you deserve. Genuine people that make you feel great about yourself.
– Parents. There is that comfortable home feeling wherever Mom and Dad are. Doesn’t matter where you are or how bad/off your day was. Mom and Dad can always make it better and can always take you back home.
I will add more to this as I can. I love things that bring you happiness. Why not express it.