I love love love cupcakes. Now, I may not own and iphone but I still think they are pretty cool. To tell you the truth I am a blackberry curve lover. I can’t get enough of mine and even though it has glitches here and there cause I have had it so long and have used the heck out of it… I will still choose my curve and rolly ball over an iphone any day!! However, off the subject…
What do I-phones and Cupcakes have in common??
NOT A DAMN THING!!! But if you put them together this is what you get! How cool are these???
I have good friends, okay friends, old friends and new friends, friends that I talk about work with and friends I talk about personal things with … and friends that get everything with no barriers. I was told by a great friend that I was their rock. It’s a truly amazing feeling to be someone that people can turn to, call when in need, cry to when upset and depend on no matter what.
I love those forever friends. You can go days or weeks without talking… or you can even get dinner once a month and you are still as close as you would be if you spent time together every single day. I love love love those friends. It feels good. I love knowing that I have put myself out there enough for people to really be let in. For people to really feel that they know me. It’s pretty cool when someone knows your favorite color, both your dogs names, your best friends (all the details of each) and what you feel like eating for dinner. Again, a compliment having people know you that well.
Maybe it’s a reflection of the friendship I give or the person that I have become and continue to turn into on a daily basis. Regardless, I can look around and really know who I am and where I am headed by the down right amazing people I am surrounded by that have had such a huge role in getting me to where I am and who I have grown to be!!
Yeah, it’s good to be a rock… it’s even better to say that you have one!!
The whole idea for jukebox 101 came from a kicking little restaurant in Indiana. We would frequent this place for the duration of trips to visit grandma and grandpa. This place was sooo great. Not the food!! But the place… we were kids and the place was a redneck Disney times two!! No rides or anything but they did have a giant dancing and singing stuffed catfish and old school games that you wouldn’t believe. (sucks to be whoever had that job) So this place had the table top jukeboxes… my grandpa would bust out his change holder and hook me up with a dollar in nickels and we would have one hell of a time picking out all kinds of songs.
You remember these!!! Super cool… whatever happened to these things? Anyone still have one? Bet you could make a killing selling it on Ebay!
Sooooo we did the jukebox thing, (keep in mind we were in a small town in Indiana where there were maybe 3 places to eat one being a Dairy Queen connected to a gas station, the other being a steak place called the Beef House) and knowing it would take forever in a childs opinion to get my food and this being redneck Disney and all I needed more change … this time quarters… because I had hit the motherload!!!!
Ahhhhhhhhhh Yeah!!!!! It’s sit-down Pac Man!! The best kind of Pac Man in my humble opinion. Growing up with two brothers… you learned how to hang with the guys or “No Fun For You”!!! We spent the rest of what seemed like forever waiting for our food while playing this game!! Still to this day I am dying to have one of these video game tables in my house. This place would even let you eat while playing… woooohoooo Jackpot!!!
I know what you are thinking…. Having your picture taken with a giant dancing Catfish, Old school Jukebox, grandpas kick ass change purse and NOW SIT-Down Pac Man!! There can’t be much more!!! Oh but there can….
we run out of money or my brothers kick me off the box and neither of them ever seemed to lose …. sooo I was bored! The adults were still eating… what to do what to do… yeah go over to the table and find something cool to do!!! Another point for redneck disney because on the tables another oldie but a goodie!!!
Hello!!!!! Does life get any better??? I spend the last 45 minutes of our little Indiana dinner outing jumping pegs from one side of the triangle to the other!!! Thank god for Cracker Barrel and Folks still having this game or I might forget my childhood all together!!!
The adults always seemed to be glued to the old timers checker game. I like checkers… but with my brothers glued to Pac Man… I didn’t have a player two… so peg jumping it was!!
Some horrible peach cobbler some more peg jumping and away we went!! Back to the farm, with the tire swing in the front yard, my cousins running over from next door to go four wheelin and later on a game of flashlight tag around the barn!!! Ahhhhh Memory Lane!!!
I have never been one for the “club” scene. I’m way more into a bar, beer in hand, dart board, maybe a pool table … and more dark wood on the walls and floor then marble. It’s crazy to me how so many bars/clubs are going to the bright lights, white walls and hard tile/marble floors. Why can’t we get more Pub Tables and a popcorn machine between the dart board and the Golden T game?? Soooo my kind of place. This type of place goes hand in hand with live music… and you guessed The Jukebox!!!
You can’t beat a place that will let you pick what you listen to! You are making or breaking the scene with your song selection and that my friends can be a very BIG DEAL!!
More often then not people play crowd pleasers so that’s good. Every once in a while you get some crap like “I think we’re alone now” by Tiffany (why that is in a jukebox… I will never know) I was playing music at my Favie Bar last week and believe it or not they had the New Kids on the Block album in there.
Maybe I should rethink my favie bar…. hmmmm.
The new age Jukebox looks a lot like this most of the time. Something you wouldn’t … well I sure as hell wouldn’t call a jukebox, but you can’t complain. It gets the job done and even allows the bar owner to download that random 5 songs you are dying to get on that thing and upload them right in just like an ipod. Super cool idea… just doesn’t have the old school charm I dig about having a jukebox around.
Super super old school!! Or it’s made retro to look old school… who knows these days with all the cool older stuff people are making. I dig the old retro stuff… the mixers and the record players. Maybe I should decorate my entire house in retro. Or anything vintage I can come across… I think it would be cool. But I think I would get sick of it quick because I tend to have very modern taste.
And who doesn’t miss the little individual jukeboxes on your table at various diners and dives. It was like a nickel to play a song and hours of entertainment. There has to be a way I can get one of these for my kitchen counter… somehow connect it to my ipod and stereo. Yeah, tell me that wouldn’t be awesome!! Can you imagine cooking and dancing around in your kitchen to your jukebox tunes? Have your friends over… give them a glass of wine and tell them to pick out some music on your jukebox.
Someone should totally invent that… and if its already out there someone needs to get it for me for christmas!! Please and Thank you!
The reasoning behind this blog in the first place was the negatives about Jukeboxes… only a couple.
– Why is it that when you want to hear a certain song the jukebox never has that particular song. It has ever other song by the artist but not the song you are dying to hear!!
– If you see a great Album in the jukebox and you know of 4-5 great songs on that one record… you pull it up and they only have one song off the album and its not even a hit. You are lucky if you even have heard of it at all. Seriously …. when you pull up Journey Greatest Hits you want Faithfully, Don’t Stop Believin, Wheel in the Sky…. Not Be good to yourself. Every single time its my luck that the jukebox only carries that one song off that album. SO NOT COOL!!!
– Never fails that when you put your $10 in…. you get your 22 plays for your money. You haven’t seen anyone even near the jukebox for at least an hour. So you think “No one has played anything, I’ll go play all my music and get to hear everything I played pretty soon.” NOPE…. even if you are positive no one else has played anything…. You can be in that bar all night waiting and never here $.50 worth of that $10 bucks. SAD. Soooo sad!
– Haha and the worst ever… is when you spend 30 mins at least at the jukebox. You have picked out what you think are the greatest songs ever. And songs that will get the crowd going…. maybe get a couple “yeah, great song choice” head nods thrown your way. You walk away from the jukebox and the second you do the worst song ever comes on (and you swear the volume of the damn thing kicked up on it’s own too) something just awful like “puppy love” by Donny Osmond… or even worse “wind beneath my wings” by Bette Midler!!! UGHHH…. so now everyone thinks you played that crap and totally disregards the next 15 kick ass songs that actually were your choices. Booooooooo
You always here people say “Why do people read that stuff” Mostly I hear it from guys. However, I will tell you that every time I have a guy at my place and there is the latest issue of Cosmo or some other ladies Mag on the coffee table more often then not they reach for it. I could cook a whole dinner, or put out a spread for a little cocktail or dinner party and there is some guy friend of mine glued to a Cosmo the whole time. They pass it around and everything. It’s funny because again these are the same men that ask… “Why do people read that stuff”!! Someone finally responds to the question… in a top 10 list no-less!! (I love love love top 10 lists, thank you David Letterman)
Top 10 Reasons Women (and men) read Cosmo!!
- Horoscopes are so on target. The emphasis here was that each month, the readers find themselves connecting with the astrological force of a Cosmopolitan forecast. It’s addictive, and in the event that it actually, to some extent, comes true, it simply perpetuates the cycle.
- It’s a harmless guilty pleasure. Despite the $5 issue price, many women feel like it’s a necessary addition to the lineup of small treats-for-the-self to cheer up on a rainy day.
- Easier to read than a romance novel. Not everyone has the time, or interest, in reading the latest romance novel series. Cosmo gives quick-witted, contemporary factoids of daily life with the possibilities of love and romance thrown in for good measure.
- Celebrity connections. Cosmo showcases a star in each issue, bringing forward the latest in movie gossip, dating foibles, or any other Hollywood news that’s highlighted within a story. For many, this the source for celebrity source updates.
- Mental cotton candy. For the educated, successful woman, a quick read of the latest Cosmo is like a day at the carnival. Lots of glaze, fluff, and nonsense that’s perfect for a break from reality.
- Smelling good for a week. What better way to enjoy the latest perfume and scents on the market, than a handful of samples? Cosmo is filled with at least 3-4 designer fragrances that can be stashed into a purse for that last-minute refreshment.
- Dating advice that actually works.The snarky, witty comments of Cosmo writers and reader polls offer a wide spectrum for specific dating situations. When the best friend is out of town, Cosmo often serves as the surrogate date guru.
- Dream wardrobe brainstorm.Filled with celebrities and models that highlight the Best Business Outfit, fashionistas revel in the ideas for their own outfits and shopping ventures.
- Confessions. The betraying boyfriend, the backstabbing best friend, the sneaky boss-assistant affair; all the stories area reader’s confessions that are shared for the masses. The entertainment appeal for this section is, not surprisingly, fairly high.
- Bedroom tips actually help. When it’s time to overcome boredom in the bedroom, fans do feel that the tips and suggestions in Cosmo help them boost their creativity…or at least provide some insight.
Menshealth seems to know how to make a woman happy!! Do guys read menshealth?? How are they missing this? If it is plain as day in black and white and all you have to do is read and apply?? Where is the breakdown here?? haha I thought this was fun… and it entertained me!!
Men, read up!!!
Ladies, tell your men to read up!!! ; )
From MensHealth.com, here are Six Secret Ways To Turn Her On:
1. Ditch the Cell Phone. Any guy who can’t go 2 hours without checking in with his friends, his job, his family, comes across as desperately insecure. Turn it off in front of her. She will recognize you as the man who is comfortable and at peace with what’s in front of him.
2. Fix Something. But try to do it in her presence. But make sure it’s something fairly complicated, not just changing a light bulb. There’s a fine line between looking manly and looking like a doofus.
3. Read a Book. Reading in public is a great way to give women an excuse to talk to you.
4. Replace Bottles on a Watercooler. It’s a quick, easy way to make the chicks in the office sit up and take notice of your athletic prowess. You know those bottles aren’t that heavy, but who cares, because women think they are.
5. Write E-Mails Longer than 5 Words. Men are all about keeping things short and to the point, but in chick world, this translates into boring and uninterested. If she writes, “How was your night?” Do not just write back, “It was okay.” Expound a little.
6. Disagree With Her. Women tend to test the limits of a man’s patience and generosity. Some time, when she’s going on and on about something you’ve done wrong, and you’ve apologized for the tenth time, just say, “Shut up.”
I was inspired throwing out a couple of my favorite bumper stickers in another post. I figured why not put out some more of my favorites.
Let’s do it!!! These are all bumper stickers I have seen and written down or saved in my blackberry for a rainy day!
-No ones ugly after 2am.
-Beer is now cheaper than gas. Drink don’t drive!
-Slurp my ass!! (yeah seriously… I have seen this)
-DO NOT VOTE FOR HILLARY! She lies and likes to eat kittens for snacks.
-The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it’s still on my list.
-I chose the road less traveled. Now where the hell am I?
-Beer doesn’t make you fat. It makes you lean (agaisnt doors, tables, walls)
-Quoting one is plagiarism, Quoting many is research.
-West Virgina: One million people, and 15 last names.
-I have a degree in Liberal Arts – do you want fries with that?
-I was at lunch and found a ladybug, a dead ladybug in my salad. Had I moved some more lettuce around I am sure I would have found two or three more. The manager comes over I tell her and she said “It must be your lucky day, you win” !!!! Win what? A dead ladybug? Are you kidding me? She leaves the salad and the dead ladybug in my face after I said I was no longer hungry and was good with out a replacement dish. (rule number one of service: If someone is not pleased with their meal or anything on the plate REMOVE THE PLATE!! The more they look at it the more it upsets them… its a fact!) Oh yeah good times!!!
-I had someone tell me I looked fat this week! It was yesterday! I’m a size 4… fat? Yeah, jacked up!
-Drug Tests for jobs. There really does need to be another concept thought up. This is way more info then you cared to know. But guys have it pretty easy! Yeah peeing in a cup not so hard, when you have peed in beer bottles and god only knows what else while standing, lying or sitting. You pretty much point and go. Women, not so easy!! Sitting, holding a cup, making sure you pee enough to pass the line. Crazy and a little challenging to say the least!! I had to ask the Nurse Man… “is there not an easier way?” You would think someone would have invented a better way! A contraption of sorts so you don’t run the risk of peeing on your hand or leg… let alone getting any on your clothes. I sat/stood there about to pee in a cup for my very first drug test and thought… beyond jacked up!!
-Jacked up Bumper Stickers-
-So your kids no honor student. Society needs laborers!
– Squirrels-natures speed bumps
-Save the trees, wipe your butt with an owl.
hahahahahaha, I laugh… but what the hell!! That’s jacked up!!
-Shrimp Chips and Banana Puffs!! I go to visit two of my favorite co-workers, super fun and sweethearts to the max!! I go to their office to visit (they work in the web room. big open space with lots of pretty amazing mac computers, huge screens everywhere and desks set up so they can work at their own stations but have the team support thing as well. Pretty cool.) and when I visit I come with gifts. This certain time I had a handful of tootsie roll pops!!! Mmmmm mmmm so good!! I hand over the goods and they offer me some snacks. Yay snacks!! You guessed it Shrimp Chips and Banana puffs!! Now, they described the snacks to me… and the snacks tasted pretty spot on to the descriptions. But I just wasn’t prepared for it. The Shrimp chips were down right NASTY!!! I mean NASTY NASTY!!!! A little cheese cracker looking thing… bite down and oh my god that is not good and the aftertaste is even worse and it doesn’t go away. Everything you try to stay away from when eating seafood… that old fishy taste/smell. Yeah, that is exactly what it tasted like, just in cracker form. The Banana Puffs, were shaped and textured the exact same as a cheese puff. These are yellow in color and taste totally sweet and banana-ie!! Very puffed sweet cereal taste almost… but then you get it in the face with the processed banana flavor. Oh, and I might tell you I hate anything banana flavored. LOVE BANANAS hate the fakey flavor. Soooooo if you like banana and super super sweet. Go ahead and try them… Shrimp Chips… stay away from those things all together!! These snacks are jacked!!!
-One of my best friends next door neighbors got bit by a snake. This poor girl was trying to save the snake from being killed (by another neighbor) figured it was a harmless and went in to pick it up after trying with a broom, cooler, shovel to get it off this little old ladies porch. This girl wanted to move the snake put it in the woods and be good to go!!! She went to pick up the snake and got bit in the hand… and within 10 mins the snake is dead (death by shovel) and the poor girls hand had swollen 5 times what it was!!! Yeah, turns out after a visit to the ER, it was a copperhead. Her hand and arm were totally swollen to the point where the lower part of her arm looked like her upper thigh. The pictures looked like a blown up latex glove. It was insane! I haven’t been around many snake bites… but if the swelling moved past two joints in her arm they were going to have to give her anti-venom. They try to stay clear from this stuff unless they have to use it… because they give it to you and you are deathly ill for the next 72 hours with a trip to the ICU with your name on it. Needless to say from the quick swelling… she got the anti-venom and is still there. Now they are talking surgery!!!
The jacked up part… well yeah, the fact that she went to pick the snake up not knowing what it was first. But the really really really jacked up part… my two girlfriends that were in the ER room with this poor girl were sitting around thinking up names for her hand. They were looking for the “cankle” term for a fat hand and arm joined together!! One in the same!!!! Poor girl bit by a snake and the butt of all jokes in the ER!! Was pretty funny though.