I have a little sharpie obsession. Okay little might be considered a white lie to some. I have a big sharpie obsession. I write with them all the time… even if the task clearly doesn’t call for it. I have ever color and they are everywhere in my house. I mean all over kitchen drawers, my purse, laundry room, tool box and weird enough my underwear drawer. That’s where I keep the good colors so I don’t over use them. Sad… I know. Soooooo I was jumping around from blog to blog today and I found this!! A whole basement decorated with SHARPIE!!!!! Yup… you heard me. No wallpaper, no paint to mess with … a few sharpie markers, a vision and some time. LOVE IT!!!!
How crazy is that!!!!? Continue reading
I saw someone do this on their blog… I thought it was cool and something I could wip up in no time. Little did I know it would take me three weeks. Working on it… getting stuck or busy and having to find the time to come back. I didn’t know coming up with 100 Lacey facts would be this hard… or time consuming. It’s kind of cool to sit and think of things that really mean something to you… really make you tick … really define you in a way! This in no way is everything and I could do 1000 more if I had a free couple of months on my hands. For now… and for what it’s worth… here is my 100. Try your own!
1) I was born and raised in Georgia and absolutely love being a peach
2) I love to fish but don’t like to bait my own hook
3) I’m 27 and 30 doesn’t scare me … yet!
4) I try to be the best person I can be… and I’m better today than I have ever been
5) Most of my very best memories took place while doing something outside
6) My very best friends are all married or engaged
7) I’m convinced my mom and dad will live forever because my brain doesn’t accept any other option
8) I have two dogs and they make my house a home
9) I am addicted to my blackberry curve even though I probably don’t know about and/or use half the features it has
10) I had my own radio show at 20 years old
11) I work in the wedding industry
12) I have two brothers. I am the middle child
13) I love a comfy comfy couch. The type you sink into when you sit down.
14) My middle name is Ann. I share it with my mom and both grandmothers
15) I was scared to live alone and I have fallen in love with it… even though I can’t wait to share my space again
16) I have written 2 books and have done nothing with them and don’t know if I ever will. I wrote them for me… but I might write one to publish or for someone else down the road.
17) If Im on my laptop I’m in or on my bed (90% of the time not counting when Im at work)
18) I love fair food. Funnel cakes, roasted corn and anything on a stick!
19) I love to cook and I think I’m pretty good at it.
20) I would take a burger and fries over a nice 5 course meal any day of the week.
21) My favie shoes are flip flops I have had since I was 17
22) I have a pair of oversized sweatpants that I call my “feel better pants” and they really do make me feel better
23) I cried the day I bought my jeep wrangler because I was 18 and did it myself… and I will cry the day I sell it because I am so in love with it. A jeep girl through and through
24) Singing used to be a big part of my life. I actually got paid to do it
25) I love peanut butter m&ms
26) Snuggling is the best… ever
27) I love to travel
28) Personal growth has been my greatest accomplishment thus far
29) A song that can take you back to any point in your life is a damn fine song in my book
30) I love to write with pencils. I don’t really get to because it seems there is no place for pencils in the buisness world
31) My favie beer is Yuengling a close second these days is Purple Haze
32) My parents never cease to amaze me. They are nothing short of perfection.
33) I painted my bedroom wall in my last place tourqoise. I really wanted a blue wall
34) I think target is fantastic
35) I hate ranch dressing… I know Im like the only one that does
36) I have a calendar for my purse, one in my work bag, one in outlook, a dry erase calendar and one on my blackberry. I use all of them
37) It really bothers me when people do not say please and thank you
38) My boyfriend opens the car door for me always and I love it… I think its a dying trend that should make its way back
39) I stopped drinking anything with caffiene over 5 years ago but still need my morning decaf coffee to wake up. It’s a mental thing
40) I only got and used my passport for the first time this year a couple months ago. I’m dying to use it again
41) I’m scared of heights
42) and deathly afraid of snakes
43) I really dislike the color pink
44) It drives me crazy when people ask you to do something they can easily do themselves
45) I love to ride in the car…
46) Im over the top organized at work. And I mean crazy organized… my folder tabs have post it tabs. I have tabs on tabs on tabs and can find anything anytime you need it.
47) I really like blogging even though I don’t feel that I’m that good at it
48) It’s hard for me to find pants that fit most of the time cause I wear a 34′ in length
49) Most of the time I shower 2 or 3 times a day. I love to shower right before I get into bed
50) I love my I-pod and hardly know how to use it
51) I really like the smell of scotch tape
52) I think gift bags are cheating.
53) I have beat one video game in my life. Jak and Daxter on the PS2 and I love it
54) When I sleep I have to have my feet and most of my legs out from under the covers. Not sure why, I just do
55) At work I sit with my legs up in my chair most of the time. Indian style or my knees up to my chest… very professional
56) I set goals for myself and a reward for once I reach those goals. Than I start the cycle over. I find this keeps me reaching for my dreams… anything is possible
57) When I grocery shop I always get a basket even if I need 200 things. Im convinced I can make it fit and don’t need a cart
58) I love sharpies
59) If we are getting pizza… my vote will always be pepperoni
60) I love to run errands
61) The rain makes any stress I may have go away
62) I met two of my best friends in highschool and the other almost 9 years ago. They are amazing!!
63) My hair is curly/wavy and I wear it straight just about every single day
64) I think an open mind has endless possibilities
65) I love to be barefoot
66) I am a creature of habit and a total planner
67) 24 is my favorite show
68) I wear the same jewelry just about every single day
69) I’m super lucky that I get to work with two of my bffs daily!! Soooo fun
70) I think road trips are fantastic
71) I like tons and tons of pillows on my bed. Extra extra soft please
72) Gerber Daisies are my all time favie but I love roses and all other fresh flowers too
73) I adore board game nights and playing cards
74) I’m a wine girl all the way… red wine only please
75) Listening to music online gets me thru my workday
76) I love cinnamon toothpaste… I don’t know anyone else who does
77) I didn’t know coming up with 100 Lacey facts would be this hard
78) Even though I love the rain…I hate driving in it
79) Laughing is one of my all time favorite things to do and I’ve done it more than ever lately
80) I love love love cheesecake. (hate graham cracker crust though)
81) I truly think people can change… and do change
82) The beach (any beach) makes me happy
83) I think french fries go best with honey mustard
84) Holiday Weeks on The Food Network are sooooo my favorite ever
85) Some people think I don’t shut up and others tell me I am toooo quiet
86) I fell into a new feeling this month and I want it forever
87) I think fruit should be fruit… served alone as fruit. Never in anything particularly desserts!! On the side… but never ever in
88) I watch National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation every year on Christmas Eve and It’s a Wonderful Life at least three times from Thanksgiving night until January 1st. It’s tradition
89) I hate being cold… but I love the change in season and snow
90) I have horrible eyesight and would love to get lasik, but I always find better options for spending $5000 when it comes down to it
91) I love all music but my favorite has to be country music. I go thru phases
92) I think people that wear bluetooth headsets all day should be kicked in the butt
93) I’m convinced that dreams really do come true
94) If I could travel anywhere right now… Italy is next on my list or some place sunny beachy and amazing
95) I have no patience for rude customer service representatives
96) I love kids
97) I didn’t think I was a very touchy feely person… lately I have proved myself so wrong and I love it
98) I am beyond lucky and happier than I have ever been
99) I must have a REAL Christmas Tree
100) I’ve been in love one time. It has changed my life and continues to every day
I have thrown out not once, or twice… but whole lot of times that I am a pretty good pumpkin carver. I thought I should back that statement up. Here are some of the pumpkins I have carved the last few years. Yay Halloween!!!
The best one I have ever done
I dare to say that Halloween is my favie holiday!! Now, Thanksgiving and Christmas are right up there on my list as well. But for some reason Halloween has just always been my thing. I like to think that I am freakishly good at carving pumpkins, pretty creative in the costume creations and just for kicks… I’m throwing in the fact that a couple years in a row I made the greatest orange and black construction paper garland ever!!! Best part… I put it up outside on our Victorian white grand porch… and after an afternoon rain shower… turned that beautiful white porch into a Halloween colored mess!!! Mom and Dad loved that, let me tell ya!
Soooooo this year… I couldn’t do my usual half clothed sexy costume thing because I needed a costume that was work appropriate. I have never dressed up at work before. So … why not!! Two of my very best friends work with me so I grabbed one and told her she was dressing up with me!! We needed something we could do together. (We thought it would be easier to win best duo award over best overall or most original) We didn’t have a lot of time… 24 hours really sooo this is what we came up with….
I know I know… people have done it before. But I hadn’t! I had never worn a costume made out of a box before. It makes you laugh just to put the dang thing on. This costume definitely has its perks too!!
The best parts about this costume….
1) Going to the UPS store and trying on boxes. haha the sales person thought we were nuts!! I mean hello… Halloween was a day away what did he think I was stepping in boxes for?
2) It’s sooooo freaking fast and easy!!!
3) The whole costume I think cost around $6 or $7 bucks… couple bucks for a box, couple bucks for a can of white spray paint, 52 cents for a piece of black poster board and TAH – DAAAAA there you have it!!
4) Can of White Spray Pain in one hand… a glass of red wine in the other… 30 something degrees outside and your best friend along side… I have not laughed that much or that hard in a long long time. That’s worth the time spent right there.
5) Comfy Comfy clothes…. I sit here now at my desk in Black cotton pants, my favorite v-neck tee and a black fleece… and my super awesome fuzzy black slippers. Sooooo I take the box off, and sit at my desk comfy and happy all day!! haha
Yeah … pretty damn good costume if I do say so myself!!
I’m not a big facebook user… I don’t get the features, I don’t know how to find people and I learned how to post pictures on the thing two days ago. I’ve had the account for a while I just haven’t really put enough time into getting things figured out. I’ve always been more of a myspace girl personally because that’s the outlet we most often use in radio/tv/media projects in general. Recently I have figured out that most of the people I want to be in touch with use facebook more then myspace … sooo… I’m making an effort to figure the damn thing out. Trying to get over my back and forth battle with the oh so confusing facebook world I have been talking to friends, commenting, getting in touch, keeping in touch and doing the best I can at all of it. A dear dear friend of mine and I talk maybe a few times a month… a phone call, a facebook message an email here and there… whatever the means we make it happen. Not as often as I would have liked… but none the less we did it. I met this friend in middle school. We are 27 clearly, we have been friends for what seems like forever. Today I went to his facebook page… we hadn’t talked in a little over a month or so. Last time we talked he told me he was moving back to Georgia and I was going to get to see him and we made plans on plans on plans to see each other. Last comment a few weeks ago I was counting down till I got to see him again! Well, it’s about that time… so this morning I had 2 mins to leave a facebook comment and jump into my meeting. I signed on… jumped to his page… left a post on his page that read something like this “I miss your face!! Are you here yet?… its about that time.. hope you are well!!” Typical Lacey message. I post and run into my meeting.
Now… I have facebook on my blackberry. Blackberry facebook is a less detailed version. You see when you get a message, a post or a friend request. Halfway thru my meeting my buddy sent me a message, my blackberry buzzes again, same buddy posted a comment… buzzes again.. another message. I click the link to read the message (in the middle of the my meeting) he writes to tell me that my friend in the first paragraph of this horribly sad post had passed away a little over a month ago. A new reason to hate facebook… I know its not facebooks fault but damn!!!! So I leave a I miss you and can’t wait to see you and call me when you get here message to a friend that is gone. Middle of the meeting tears down my face and an over the top pain because I didn’t know. It took facebook for me to find out. Ugh. I went back to his page and saw comment after comment of rest in peace, you are deeply missed… and thinking of you posts. I looked thru the pictures and just got lost for a while.
I’m sick and sad over this. I hate that I didn’t know. I hate that I didn’t go to the funeral, I’m sick with the idea that plans made wont happen and that I wont see him again when I was looking so forward to it. Just sick over it.
It’s not the best subject and maybe it is terrible of me to even write about all of this but my healing is writing… I had to get it out. The idiot move of the day… caring so much for someone and not knowing something this huge!!!! Not traveling out to see him, calling more, loving better!! We do what we can and life gets in the way… why do we let it?
I want people to know what they mean to me. I want people to know how they affect me, how they make me feel, what they have taught me and how they have pushed me to grow! I think I do a better job letting people know who they are to me and how much they make up my world… but I’m going to do better… much much better.
The top of my desk
I have a serious sweet tooth!! And when I say serious… I mean over the top. You can often find me eating peanut butter m&ms for breakfast at my desk or leaving the office mid afternoon for a milkshake run! haha It might have something to do with the fact my dad let me eat cake for breakfast and my mom makes the best cookies (well anything sweet really) ever!! It’s truly amazing I am not 800lbs. I eat healthy for meals I just love little junk food snacks here and there. At work, I have file folders and all of my office supplies ontop of my desk. My tape dispensor, stapler, pen holder, lotion… you name it, and it’s on top of the desk not inside of my desk. Why not in the drawer you ask….
Theres no room for office supplies because my candy takes up the whole thing. And let me just tell you… the people in my office love me when they need something sweet.
A look inside my desk drawer!
Have you ever put yourself out on a limb… knowing that after the grand gesture was made you would with no doubt be standing out there on your own??
I worked my way out on the limb as far as I could. So now… I guess we’ll see.
It’s amazing that when you forget just for a moment what you had wanted for so long… someone can come in for a second and not only remind you of what you want but prove that it is possible.
Life is wonderful like that!!
I feel like I have spent my life in airplanes and cabs as of late. I have to say … I don’t mind it. I love to travel and I’m seeing so much and going places I never would have if it weren’t for my job. People say that I will get sick of it and eventually the travel honeymoon period will end… But I’m not so sure. I will keep you posted on that. Two weeks ago I spent the weekend in Miami and Tampa, last week I was in Fort Lauderdale… This weekend Boston!! Next stop on my tour Los Angeles and Anaheim just in time for Halloween.
Boston reminds me a lot of NY… People walking, cabs everywhere (honking of course) beautiful none the less. Exceptional churches on every corner and building upon buildings as far as you can see in every direction. I’m writing most of this in my cab on the way to my work event and I have plenty of time to do so because the traffic is crazy!! I mean hello… Its Sunday… Isn’t it? The unique character of the buildings is unlike anything I have seen before. Even though I have no idea where I am in the city in relation to anything… I think this place is pretty great.
Keep in mind though… The sun is shining, I’m here to do a job I totally love and so far no problems.(Knock on wood) I’m sure if I had lost luggage, a bad work event or if it was December and freezing outside I may not like this city as much as I think I do now!!
I was telling a buddy of mine yesterday that I was lucky in life because I had grown up in two totally different worlds. As a kid and a little into the teen years… I pretty much had a city life and an escape to the farm anytime I wanted to jump out and get into something else. My parents are from farm country in Indiana. My mom was Miss 4-H and Miss Warren County… a gorgeous tomboy fire baton twirling homecoming queen of a small perfect town. One stop light, groceries from the IGA and neighbors that were your family and family were your neighbors. My dad was one town over yet still in the same school system. A hard hard worker, never slept in a day in his life because you had to work to live back then. An only child just doing what he could to make everyone proud. Working his summers away… and helping his father on the farm where they raised cattle. Student body president and as blue collar under a white collar that you could get. Both my parents were the first of both sides of the family to go to college… and move away from those small little towns in Indiana… that now have a couple more stop lights… a dairy queen, a gas station and a Wal-Mart.
My brothers and I would live in Atlanta thru the school year and spend summers on the farm. We would get up and help grandpa with the chores. They had all kinds of farm animals, a full on vegetable garden and crops that you could see for days. We rode horses and four wheelers, waded in the crick and jumped hay bales for fun. There was a TV but no one ever used it… we learned to drive on huge old tractors and old Chevy trucks. You never used the phone unless it was an emergency… if you wanted to talk to a neighbor (who was your aunt and uncle living next door on the other side of the farm or crops… you would ride the tractor, horse or jump in the truck. There was a tire swing in the yard, folding chairs in the yard and the days seemed to last forever!! You snapped peas in the rocking chair, fed all the leftovers to the pigs and played flashlight tag all night because it never truly got dark because the stars shined sooo bright.
We were in Atlanta the rest of the time. Suburbia’s finest, a great house… the “best” school system and the biggest yard in the neighborhood with a pool, basketball goal and the a green lot out front that you swore was put there for kickball and the greatest games or SPUD kids could get into. I had my very own car when I turned 16, the mall 5 mins away from my house and movie theaters, six flags, 18 and older dance clubs to list just a couple weeknight and weekend activities. Gourmet food on every corner, a mom who was over the top active with the PTA on top of having one of the most impressive jobs I will ever know anyone to have in this lifetime. It involves the medical world and computers. You have to be a computer geek, have crazy experience in medicine and just be over the top brilliant to jump on board with my mom and her crew. My dad wore suits all the time that I can remember while growing up coming and going from work. He traveled somewhere just about every week but never failed to be home with us on weekends for the two days solid no matter what. A man that has made his success story in sales and has amazed people with his honest and you get what you see “nonsales” approach. My parents built their dream home almost two years ago… and are exactly where they want to be when it comes to personal goals and growth. You would never know… ever they spent the first half of their lives doing the exact opposite of what they are doing now.
We really did have the best of both worlds and are lucky enough to continue with it. I don’t get to Indiana nearly as much as I should but when I do get there… I appreciate it that much more. I will forever be a city girl… I love traffic and interstates, I love tall buildings and parks surrounded by a bustling city. I love the opportunity here to be whatever you want and have anything and every recourse at your fingertips… but I still crave sitting around… snapping green beans, shucking corn and having 24 hours in a day feel like forever.